Thursday, February 17, 2011

Heirloom Tomato Variety or Serial Killer Nickname?

One afternoon about a month ago I was approaching that critical moment. You all know what I’m talking about: it happens between 2 and 4pm every day. That moment when my brain is fried and all I can think to do is lie down and nap under my desk (alas sub-desk napping is not exactly “appropriate” worker conduct, so I tend to opt for an afternoon cup of coffee instead). This is the time when my fuzzy mind makes its best and worst decisions. I count the following list among my best.

It was going to be my 15-minutes of fame! My first real publication! Alas, McSweeny’s rejected it with a very polite email:

Hi, Mollie -
Thanks for the read, but I'm afraid I'm going to pass on this one.
Best,
Chris

Like a tomato to the face, the rejection splattered all over me. I seriously considered responding (Dear Chris, Are you sure???) but I restrained myself and saved the list for Eat Run Read-ers.

So without further ado, here it is – embrace its awesomeness, or wonder about my late-afternoon sanity…and many thanks to 6x6 for the serial killer idea!




Heirloom Tomato Variety or Serial Killer Nickname?
By Mollie
  1. Money Maker
  2. The Candy Man
  3. Arkansas Traveler
  4. The Giggling Granny
  5. Tartar from Mongolstan
  6. Hillbilly
  7. Son of Sam
  8. Green Zebra
  9. Buttermilk Bluebeard
  10. Jersey Devil
  11. Hank
  12. Deacon Jim
  13. Black Seaman


1.  

Heirloom Tomato Variety: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 14,
Serial Killer Nickname: 2, 4, 7, 9, 12
Both: 11


Tomato pictures from C'est La Vegan and Unfussy Fare.