Friday, October 2, 2009

Emails of Food + Coconut Curry Chocolate



I have been a bottomless pit this week. As in, all I do is eat, and I just want to keep eating!!! This "need" for desserts has severely influenced my week's correspondence. Grand total, about 20 emails pertaining to desserts per day between myself and two of my dessert-loving friends. 


As in, this was my email on Wednesday morning:

Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:29 AM

To: Ellie, Jess, Jean, Erin
Subject: recipes I want


Hi!
Its only 11:30, and I've already managed to completely hungrify myself.
I'm so bored at work, I've completely lost the ability to distinguish
the line between boredom and hunger.


Ellie - sorry not to get back to you!!! How was the fluff fest??? And
apple picking? You should make these cupcakes:
http://www.sophistimom.com/bake-sale-week-caramel-apple-cupcakes-with-ma
ple-cream-cheese-frosting/

Miss you all!!!


-Mollie


Which was then responded to in triplicate (or maybe quadruplicate - is that a word?). Multiple times throughout the day. Basically, go "Reply All"!!!
2009/9/30 
From: Jess
Subject: Re: recipes I want

My recap of my dessert event should be up
today I think so I can send it to you. sidenote, for the dessert party I
am ALL SET TO MAKE THE PB DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE, but I just wanna throw
something oreo/cookies and cream out there??? Like a cupcake obvi, but I
just want your thoughts....? I made pumpkin
cupcakes last night and will make cc frosting tonight for a bake sale
tomorrow at work...then my mom and I are gonna make a cheesecake
tomorrow night and she's going to come to my office on Friday and give
it to people haha! We are weird! But tasty!

From: erin
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:20 PM

Subject: Re: recipes I want
...Just baked a buttermilk cake w/strawberries for my manager.. am going to make white chocolate ganache for it tom and then give it to him on fri... hopefully it turns out gooooooooood... though judging by the batter that won't be a problem!



Back to me:
From: Mollie
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:05 PM

Subject: more...







And then Jess clearly spend some serious time with the Google Machine and the phrase "Oreo Cupcakes"
From: Jess > Subject: oreo cupcake options 
> Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 11:35 AM

> (I'm coolwith oreo whipped cream, but Erin...?) >

 > http://domesticpursuits.com/2009/04/21/oreo-cupcakes/  > (maybe with an altered frosting aka I don't want to use shortening if need be) >

 > http://heatherdrive.blogspot.com/2009/01/oreo-cupcakes.html  > (I like this one as it says shortening OR butter for the frosting...) > 

http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2009/02/oreo-cupcakes-with-built-in-cup-for.html  (so this cake recipe and then oreo cream cheese frosting?) 

>
> SEND ME IDEAS!

And the conclusion of our exchange:
From: Jess
RE: recipes I want
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:31 PM
b.)     We are all retarded.
I laughed out loud over that one! Because we are absolutely ridiculous. In the best way possible. 

So I just thought I'd share that day-o-emails with you all! Obviously, if you ever need a recipe, or any baking inspiration, we are willing and able to help you out!

I blogged last week about a Bacon Dark Chocolate Bar Boss #2 had given me (the verdict? YUM!). Here's another bizarre chocolate flavor for you: Coconut Curry Milk Chocolate
Surprisingly (or maybe not), the Coconut Curry was much weirder than the bacon-flavored chocolate. Some office comments include: Interesting...That's just wrong...Disgusting.

 But I kind of liked it. I mean, I really love curry, and spicy chocolate is good (anyone seen/read Chocolat?). My biggest issue was that there was shredded coconut in the bar, which interrupted the potential yummy-chocolatey-smootheness that I associate with milk chocolate. 

So maybe buy a mini-bar of this one to try it out (if you're feeling like a chocolate-adventure). 

With that, I bid you a good weekend...and happy eating!