Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Looking for Local Races?


I have a love-hate relationship with racing. As I toe the line, I always wonder, 'WHAT was I thinking????' But then I keep entering them, so obviously on some twisted level I love to race!

I wrote a running plan for a friend, and we agreed to do a 5k together to celebrate her first 6 weeks of running 6 days a week! So the weekend is September 12th.

Because of my past history with transportation to races, I like to focus on the as-close-as-possible area:

 National Press Club 5K Run/Walk & Auction in DC

- $25 entry fee before August 30

 Or:

The Bolt For Babies 5k in Arlington

- $25 entry fee before August 30

 If you’re looking for races, check out these sites:

 The Mongomery County Road Runners have a calendar full of XC races this

fall. 

http://mcrrc.org/racing/2009/schedule.php

 The Washington Running Report is by far the best/most comprehensive site I have come across. Just go to the “Race Calendar” to search by name, city, sport, or date!

 Pacers Running Store has a pretty good Event Calendar, listing races and fun runs.

If you’re looking for a coach or a training program (you have to pay for these):

 Coach George Buckheit

www.capitalarearunners.com

 OR:

Michael Hamberger

http://dcrunningcoach.com/